Monday, November 24, 2008

autumn









i know its been a while since i last posted pictures of me and my mates up to our shenanigans, but unless you live in the tundra that toronto becomes around october, you wouldn't understand the painful bitterness the artic winds carry when they get swept down from santa's hood. ergo not only does the bank account contribute to the hermit like behavior, now its also in cahoots with the weather to keep me indoors. its not like there's a smooth transition from summer to autumn that helps you prepare for the dreadful cold days ahead. one day you're stepping out in shorts and a t-shirt, and not even a week later you're frantically digging for your winter coat, scarves, gloves, and long johns. the latter causing a bit of a problem since fashion gets in the way and there is no way i can fit a waffle knit long underwear under my skin tight jeans. i've been in canada for almost twenty years and i still dread the day when daylight savings starts because i know it'll be at least five months of windchill factors, dirty slush, early sunsets, cabin fever, and freezing my arse off at the bus stop when i have to be at work at some ungodly hour in the morning. i know everyone says that fall is their favorite season because they get to accesorize and wear nice comfortable sweaters and boots and all that jazz, but i'm a summer kinda guy. i like my beers in the park and riding my bike and not feel like my freezing toes about to fall off. i'm bitching now and its only november. by january i'm gonna sound like i'm writing a suicide note. i think i'mma make like a bear and hibernate till april.

p.s. see me looking like a ninja on the third last pic? that was taken only a few days ago. and yes that's snow on the ground. and with the windchill that night it was -10 degrees celsius. i say bring it on global warming. it almost makes me want to not recycle anything ever again.

No comments: